Blepharoplasty: The Laser Eyelid Surgery
Blepharoplasty is a plastic surgery operation aimed to tighten the skin of the eyelids effectively. Usually, this procedure is used to correct defects, deformities, and disfigurations of the eyelids as well as to aesthetically modify the eye region of the face. In addition, this process also helps in improving the appearance of the eyelids and eliminating the signs of aging.
What’s the purpose of blepharoplasty?
Laser eyelid surgery is performed to correct various age-related losses, which include loss of muscle tone of the upper eyelid, drooping, and sagging of the eyelid.
Similar to any other surgical operation, eyelid plastic surgery has certain indications, which includes:
- The appearance of "bags" in the eye area.
- Loss of tone of the lower eyelid.
- Ptosis (drooping of the upper eyelid).
- Overhanging of the skin fold of the upper eyelid.
- Pronounced age-related changes.
- Asymmetry of the cut of the eyes.
- Exophthalmos (protrusion of the eyeball).
- Diminished vision due to drooping of the upper eyelid.
- The decreased tone of the circular muscle of the eye.
The primary contraindications include
- Arterial hypertension
- Blood clotting disorders.
- Severe mental illness
- Diseases of the visual apparatus (retinal detachment, glaucoma, cataract, progressive visual impairment)
- Presence of infectious diseases
- Inflammatory processes in the eye area (blepharitis, conjunctivitis)
- Severe somatic pathologies ( heart disease, renal and liver failure, lung disease)
Types of Laser Blepharoplasty
Based on the objective of the laser eyelid surgery, it can be of the following types:
- Blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids: During the eyelid surgery, excess skin is removed using a laser, the upper eyelid position is altered, sagging tissues are tightened, and sagging of eyelid and other age-related deformities are eliminated.
- Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids: The lower eyelid surgery allows you to get rid of bags under the eyes, fatty hernias, puffiness, and wrinkles once and for all. This is the best solution for women who are tired of dealing with these defects.
- Circular Blepharoplasty: The combination of both upper and lower blepharoplasty procedures allows you to solve all problems at once during a single surgery. This eyelid correction procedure allows you to achieve the most pronounced effect. Circular blepharoplasty is usually used in conjunction with a facelift or other anti-ageing surgeries.
What to Choose Between the Laser and Scalpel approaches?
There are two methods available for performing eyelid surgery. These include laser and scalpel approaches. Nowadays, laser surgery is the most common practice. During laser eyelid surgery, a small incision is made, which is then soldered by the surgeon. One of the most significant advantages of this method is that scars cannot be seen in the post-operative phase.
Other significant advantages of laser blepharoplasty include:
- It is minimally invasive (due to microscopic incisions)
- It lowers the chances of developing inflammation
- Quick recovery
- Low risk of bleeding
On the other hand, surgery using a scalpel is more invasive and comes with a risk of scarring. However, an experienced plastic surgeon can perform such a complex operation without any risks or complications. Therefore, the selection of the blepharoplasty method relies on the specific case and the effect that the patient wants to achieve.
Preparing for the Laser Eyelid Surgery
Preparations for blepharoplasty surgery begin with a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon. The expert carefully listens to the patient's complaints, performs an initial inspection, and studies the anamnesis data.
The next stage of preparation includes
- Blood biochemistry evaluation
- Analysis of blood and urine
- Determination of the amount of glucose present in the blood
- Tests for HIV, Hepatitis B, and C, and other infections
- Analysis of blood group and Rh factor.
After obtaining the results of a comprehensive diagnosis, the plastic surgeon develops a detailed report on the patient's health status. Such a thing further helps in deciding the appropriate technique of the surgery or postponing the surgical intervention for a specific amount of time.
Rehabilitation Period After Eyelid Plastic Surgery
Recovery after eyelid plastic surgery takes several weeks. It is recommended to follow all the guidelines of the attending surgeon so as not to disturb the natural regeneration processes.
The plastic surgeon will provide the necessary data on the rehabilitation period. In addition, it is essential to follow certain rules and restrictions:
- Protect the face and especially eye area from direct sunlight, dust, and various other contaminants
- Avoid touching your face with bare hands, especially in the first few days after the surgery
- Avoid rubbing your skin of the face with washcloths and rough towels
- Don’t use cosmetics products like peeling masks for at least 10-14 days after eyelid surgery
- All sorts of physical activity should be limited for a month..
Why Choose Dr Soni's Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Centre in Panipat?
After extensive consultation and careful evaluation, our team of expert surgeons will recommend the procedure or combination of procedures for laser eyelid surgery. We are highly trusted by people looking for eyelid plastic surgery in Haryana. Our medical team includes oculofacial plastic surgeons specializing in blepharoplasty and the facial structure surrounding the eyes. They are highly experienced in treating the sagging of eyelids and ensuring you get the best possible care. So are you looking for the best clinic for laser eyelid surgery in Panipat? Contact us today and get all information related to your issues. You can visit our website to explore our other services as well, such as lip reduction surgery, breast augmentation, hair transplant, and others.